Health insurance for foreign citizens
International students are obliged to have a voluntary health insurance policy (VHI) when enrolling in Russian universities for studying or internship.
Purchase of a voluntary medical insurance policy (VHI) for a foreign citizen is a necessary condition for staying in the Russian Federation. Medical assistance to foreign citizens is provided in accordance with the legislation of the Russian Federation:
- Federal Law of June 28, 1991 No. 1499-1 "On medical insurance of citizens in the Russian Federation".
- Federal Law of July 25, 2002 No. 115-FZ "On the legal status of foreign citizens in the Russian Federation".
- Resolution of the Government of the Russian Federation dated 06.03.2013 No. 186 "On approval of the rules for the provision of medical care to foreign citizens on the territory of the Russian Federation".
The lack of a medical insurance policy is a violation of the migration legislation of the Russian Federation and entails imposition of penalties (a fine of 2,000 to 5,000 rubles).
A foreign student must have a medical policy valid in the Russian Federation during the entire period of study at the university. The insurance period is one year. After the expiration of the validity period of the medical policy, a foreign student is obliged to purchase a new medical policy within three working days.
The policy must include the following points:
- outpatient care
- doctor home visit
- emergency medical services
- emergency hospitalization
Insurance amount must be at least 300 000 rubles.
If you have any questions about voluntary health insurance remained, please contact International Relations Office of KSTU
(room 221 of the main university building, tel. +7 4012 995330)
In case of sudden acute illnesses, conditions, exacerbations of chronic diseases that pose a threat to life, emergency medical care is provided free of charge.
To call an ambulance doctor, you must dial:
from a mobile phone - 112 or 103
from a landline phone - 103.